Friday, February 9, 2024

Bob Dylan - Self Portrait (1970) (upgrade)

 

Side A:
1. Alberta #1
2. Days of '49
3. Early Mornin' Rain
4. In Search of Little Sadie
5. Little Sadie
6. Belle Isle

Side B:
7. Copper Kettle
8. Gotta Travel On
9. Annie's Gonna Sing Her Song
10. Railroad Bill
11. These Hands
12. Tattle O'Day

This is my first ever album upgrade post. In doing research on the last Bob Dylan double album post I did which was Blonde on Blonde, I cut out too much material and had to look through outtakes to look for more. I heard this album had some outtakes but I found 8 from The Bootleg Series Vol. 10: Another Self Portrait and 2 from the Dylan album from 1973 for a total of 10!

My main problem with my last reconstruction was that there weren't enough tracks using Dylan's regular voice to make a full album, but with these new outtakes we can! Three of them ended up using Dylan's country croon, the two tracks from Dylan and Pretty Saro from Another Self Portrait, but when deciding on which material to use, I took out the last 5 tracks and replaced them with 4 new ones. The end result finally sounds like a proper cover album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grateful Dead - Kingfish (1976)

  Side A: 1. Might as Well - Jerry Garcia 2. Lazy Lightnin' - Bob Weir 3. Razooli - Mickey Hart 4. They Love Each Other - Jerry Garcia 5...