Thursday, October 1, 2026

The Beach Boys - Smile (1967)

Side A:
1. Our Prayer
2. Heroes and Villains
3. Do You Like Worms?
4. I'm in Great Shape / Barnyard / My Only Sunshine
5. Child is Father of the Man
6. Wonderful
7. Cabin Essence

Side B:
8. Good Vibrations
9. Vega-Tables
10. On a Holiday
11. Wind Chimes
12. In Blue Hawaii
13. Surf's Up

I've long thought about trying to tackle this album, but what's a better album to end on? I've listened to it a couple times in a couple different ways, and I kind of like the choose your own adventure approach that it has. Plus what else can be said about it already? It's the album that would've rivaled Sgt. Pepper's if it actually came out. But it got canceled in May 1967 and Smiley Smile was released in September which flopped when it came out. Brian Wilson re-recorded the album in 2004 and then released The Smile Sessions in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beach Boys - Smile (1967)

Side A: 1. Our Prayer 2. Heroes and Villains 3. Do You Like Worms? 4. I'm in Great Shape / Barnyard / My Only Sunshine 5. Child is Fathe...