Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Yoko Ono - Fly (1971)

 

Side A:
1. Midsummer New York
2. Mind Holes
3. Don't Worry Kyoko
4. Mrs. Lennon
5. Hirake (Open Your Box)
6. O'Wind (Body is the Scar of Your Mind)

Side B:
7. Mind Train
8. You

Ok so here's an idea for an album I saw. Someone took all of John Lennon's tracks from Double Fantasy and Milk and Honey and combined them. Apparently the Yoko songs don't blend together well but combining all of her tracks together wouldn't make up a full album. Then there was another idea I saw. Someone said you could combine all the tracks from John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band and Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band and release it as a double album. I listened to Yoko's album and I think those tracks would clash even harder. 

Apparently she wouldn't start making rock music until her third album Approximately Infinite Universe, but both that one and Fly are double albums. Both John and Yoko recorded 5 albums in the 70s but one of Yoko's albums wouldn't get released until the 90s. With that in mind I listened to the rest of her albums, so here's my attempt at releasing this as a single album.

The first idea I had was combining the rock songs from side B with the side long song Fly from side D, but when I listened to Fly, I thought it was terrible. People like to say that Yoko sucks at singing, but I bet most of them haven't listened to her sing for 23 minutes with 5 minutes of backwards music at the end. Instead I chose Mind Train as the album closer, but the both sides wouldn't have been equal in length so I also included the songs You from side C and Midsummer New York from side A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grateful Dead - Kingfish (1976)

  Side A: 1. Might as Well - Jerry Garcia 2. Lazy Lightnin' - Bob Weir 3. Razooli - Mickey Hart 4. They Love Each Other - Jerry Garcia 5...