Thursday, October 19, 2023

Weezer - Homecoming (2003)

 

1. Private Message 
2. Superstar 
3. Misstep
4. Booby Trap 
5. Lethe 
6. Running Man 
7. Mansion of Cardboard 
8. Mad Kow 
9. Modern Dukes 
10. Queen of Earth 

This is my attempt to make the ultimate Weezer unreleased album. I just wanted to focus on the album 5 demos from 2002 which was about 20 songs so I just had to choose half of them. When I realized that not all the songs were heavy, I stopped trying to choose songs I liked and started to choose songs that were similar. Some of the demos later went on to form other songs and some of the songs had multiple takes to choose from, so I hope that my track choice is the most original and concise of the demos. Some of the songs are better quality than others even though they use the best takes. The cover has bassist Matt Sharp on the cover even though Scott Shriner was the bassist at the time. It was based on a bootleg of a concert from 2000 in Germany. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grateful Dead - Kingfish (1976)

  Side A: 1. Might as Well - Jerry Garcia 2. Lazy Lightnin' - Bob Weir 3. Razooli - Mickey Hart 4. They Love Each Other - Jerry Garcia 5...