Sunday, October 22, 2023

Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica (1969)

 


Side A:
1. Dachau Blues
2. Ella Guru
3. Moonlight on Vermont
4. Pachuco Cadaver
5. Sweet Sweet Bulbs
6. Neon Meate Dream of a Octofish
7. My Human Gets Me Blues

Side B:
8. Hair Pie: Bake Two
9. Fallin' Ditch
10. Sugar 'n' Spikes
11. Ant Man Bee
12. Wild Life
13. Steal Softly Thru Blues
14. Veteran's Day Poppy

This is my proposed single LP version of Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart. I also tried making the album less weird by getting rid of the studio banter between the songs. To condense it down to a single LP, I had to get rid of most of the shorter tracks which was disappointing cause I liked most of them. This led to Dachau Blues being the opener which might not have gone well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sex Pistols - The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle (1979)

  Side A: 1. Belsen Was a Gas 2. I Wanna Be Me 3. Did You No Wrong 4. Satellite 5. Don't Give Me No Lip 6. (I'm Not Your) Steppin...