Thursday, September 5, 2024

Nirvana - With the Lights On (Disc 5) (2005)

 

1. Smells Like Teen Spirit (Demo)
2. Verse Chorus Verse (Demo)
3. Territorial Pissings (Demo)
4. Lounge Act (Demo)
5. Come As You Are (Demo)
6. Old Age (Demo)
7. Something in the Way (Demo)
8. On a Plain (Demo #2)
9. Drain You (Demo #1)
10.  Stay Away (Demo)
11.  Drain You (Demo #2)
12.  Rape Me (1991 Demo)
13.  Sappy (1991 Demo)
14.  Dumb (Live 1991)
15.  Drain You (Live 1991)
16. 
Endless, Nameless (Live 1991)
17.  Vendetagainst (Live 1991)
18.  Negative Creep (Live 1991)
19.  Something in the Way (Live 1991)
20.  Curmudgeon (Live 1991)

This has been a daunting task to try to re-compile this thing. I had a whole alternate universe Nirvana box set made years ago, but I had to give it a major overhaul. This is based on the box set they put out in 2004 called With the Lights Out which had 3 CDs and a DVD. My initial version of it had 5 discs, but after a major overhaul it expanded to 8 CDs which I cut down to 7 CDs. So it'll take me a while to get through each disc.

For example in the second disc we were basing this off of we left off at track 9. Track 10 is the demo for Smells Like Teen Spirit. The track was taken from a band rehearsal tape that was later found, however the demo for Come As You Are would be released on the Sliver: Best of the Box album. Next is the previously unheard outtakes Verse Chorus Verse and Old Age which I included on my version of Nevermind so in its place I included the Nevermind version of Sappy since I used the Smart City version of it on Sheep. Next is a John Peel session which I added the track Drain You onto. And then next is some tracks I already used so I replaced them with live tracks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grateful Dead - Kingfish (1976)

  Side A: 1. Might as Well - Jerry Garcia 2. Lazy Lightnin' - Bob Weir 3. Razooli - Mickey Hart 4. They Love Each Other - Jerry Garcia 5...