Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Nirvana - With the Lights On (Disc 3) (2005)

 


1. 
Sound of Dentage
2. Bambi Slaughter
3. Laminated Effect
4. Control
5. Punk Rocker
6. Boatakk
7. Love My Family / Anorexorcist (1986 Demo)
8. Accusations
9. Spank Thru (1986 Demo)
10.  Insurance
11.  Buffy’s Pregnant
12.  Vaseline
13.  Downer (1986 Demo)
14.  Big Cheese (Live 1988)
15.  Blew (Live 1988)
16.  Bad Moon Rising (Live 1988)
17.  Sifting (Demo)
18.  Mr. Moustache (Demo)
19.  Blew (Demo)
20.  Dive (Demo)
21.  Polly (1989 Demo)

This has been a daunting task to try to re-compile this thing. I had a whole alternate universe Nirvana box set made years ago, but I had to give it a major overhaul. This is based on the box set they put out in 2004 called With the Lights Out which had 3 CDs and a DVD. My initial version of it had 5 discs, but after a major overhaul it expanded to 8 CDs which I cut down to 7 CDs. So it'll take me a while to get through each disc. 

For example I had to do a bit of backtracking with this one as I was finishing off the original first disc. The first 13 tracks consists of Fecal Matter's only demo tape Illiteracy Will Prevail from 1986. Only the demo for Spank Thru was officially released on the Sliver: Best of the Box album. Later the whole demo tape was found. Next I included three live tracks from 1988 like the last disc. We left off on track 15 of the original disc. Track 16 is Blandest which I used on Ashamed to Be Human, so in its place I included some Bleach demos from the same session. I used the Lead Belly covers and Blew EP session tracks on my version of Incesticide but kept Dive and Polly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grateful Dead - Kingfish (1976)

  Side A: 1. Might as Well - Jerry Garcia 2. Lazy Lightnin' - Bob Weir 3. Razooli - Mickey Hart 4. They Love Each Other - Jerry Garcia 5...