Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Butthole Surfers - Rembrandt Pussyhorse (1986)


Side A:
1. Creep in the Cellar
2. Sea Ferring
3. American Woman
4. Waiting for Jimmy to Kick
5. Strangers Die Everyday
6. To Parter

Side B:
7. Perry                   
8. Whirling Hall of Knives               
9. Mark Says Alright                         
10. In the Cellar                   
11. I Love You Peggy                           
12. Tornadoes                         

From the Cream Corn From the Socket of Davis EP:
1. Moving to Florida
2. Comb
3. Hetero Skeleton
4. Eindhoven Chicken Masque

Last year I saw someone wearing a shirt with this cover on it. I don't think he realized how obscure this album is but he said he got it from Supreme. I think the movie Nope helped bring the Butthole Surfers to more people's attention. But is it worth re-evaluating? I listened to it a couple times but never got into it. It was weird but not so bad it's good like their next album. Recently though I found some outtakes from the Humpty Dumpty LSD compilation and thought it could be re-organized. Eindhoven Chicken Masque was from a compilation album called God's Favorite Dog. There was another track by them on the album that I decided to not use. I also didn't use a track called Perry Intro from Humpty Dumpty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grateful Dead - Kingfish (1976)

  Side A: 1. Might as Well - Jerry Garcia 2. Lazy Lightnin' - Bob Weir 3. Razooli - Mickey Hart 4. They Love Each Other - Jerry Garcia 5...