Sunday, February 11, 2024

They Might Be Giants - Then: The Earlier Years (1997)


1. Critic Intro
2. Now That I Have Everything
3. Mainstream U.S.A.
4. Fake Out in Buenos Aires
5. Greek Number Three
6. I Hope That I Get Old Before I Die (Demo)
7. I’m Def
8. Don’t Let’s Start (Demo)
9. Hell Hotel
10. ‘85 Radio Special Thank You
11. Kitten Intro
12. Weep Day
13. The Big Big Whoredom
14. I’m Gettin’ Sentimental Over You
15. Become a Robot
16. Swing is a Word
17. Which Describes How You’re Feeling (Demo)
18. Doris Cunningham
19. Counterfeit Fake
20. Schoolchildren Singing “Particle Man”

This is a single album version of They Might Be Giants’ compilation album Then: The Earlier Years. It was pretty easy to make since I just had to cut out all the material previously released on their first two albums and their first compilation album Miscellaneous T. I had this version of the album on my computer for years before remembering that it’s technically a single album version of a double album release. 

Five of the songs were previously released on the 1985 demo tape and two of the five previously appeared on The Statue Got Me High EP. Because of this I’m also including the song Hell Hotel from the demo tape which was the only track to never be re-released. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grateful Dead - Kingfish (1976)

  Side A: 1. Might as Well - Jerry Garcia 2. Lazy Lightnin' - Bob Weir 3. Razooli - Mickey Hart 4. They Love Each Other - Jerry Garcia 5...