Wednesday, February 28, 2024

The Hollies - Bus Stop (1966)

 

Side A:
1. Bus Stop
2. I Am a Rock
3. Sweet Little Sixteen
4. We're Through
5. Don't Run and Hide

Side B:
6. Look Through Any Window
7. Mickey's Monkey
8. Fortune Teller
9. Honey and Wine
10. Yes I Will

When I was looking up the discography of the Hollies, I saw that they released three albums in 1966. I thought this was impressive because this was one year before The Monkees released three albums in 1967. As it turns out one of the albums was American in origin and simply contained tracks from the band that hadn't appeared on American versions of their British albums. You see during the British Invasion, British albums would have American versions that would have different track listings, but for the Hollies, they'd have American and Canadian versions! 

Not only that but the album included material from their whole discography at that point, including material from their first album which they recorded in 1963! They were reportedly unhappy about this which caused them to leave their American label. But I thought if I can't make it an album of original material, maybe I can make the material more current. So all the tracks on the first side are from 1966 and all the tracks from the second side are from 1965. The album is shorter by two tracks so I can't say if it's better, but all the material is new except one track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grateful Dead - Kingfish (1976)

  Side A: 1. Might as Well - Jerry Garcia 2. Lazy Lightnin' - Bob Weir 3. Razooli - Mickey Hart 4. They Love Each Other - Jerry Garcia 5...