Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde (1966)

 

Side A:
1. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
2. Pledging My Time
3. One of Us Must Know (Sooner or Later)
4. I Want You
5. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
6. Just Like a Woman

Side B:
7. Most Likely You Go Your Way and I’ll Go Mine
8. Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window?
9. Temporary Like Achilles
10. Absolutely Sweet Marie
11. 4th Time Around
12. Obviously 5 Believers

This is a single album version of Bob Dylan's double album Blonde on Blonde. Not only is this his first double album but it's also THE first double album, beating The Mothers of Invention's Freak Out! by a week. One interesting thing is that the last song is 11 minutes long but also takes up the last side making it considerably shorter than the other sides. Because of this I wanted to see what kind of bonus material I could include which I don't usually do when condensing an album, but I also cut out the two lengthy 7 minute long songs so it seemed necessary. 

Three of the songs from this period I couldn't include because they were a minute long: Medicine Sunday, Jet Pilot, and Lunatic Princess, but some songs I could include are Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window?, I Wanna Be Your Lover, She's Your Lover Now, and I'll Keep It With Mine. The last two were incomplete so I ended up only using the first one. These were recorded during the New York sessions which lasted from October 1965 to January 1966, but only one song made it to the final version of the album. Afterwards recording sessions moved to Nashville. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grateful Dead - Kingfish (1976)

  Side A: 1. Might as Well - Jerry Garcia 2. Lazy Lightnin' - Bob Weir 3. Razooli - Mickey Hart 4. They Love Each Other - Jerry Garcia 5...